Friday, January 5, 2007

Wow... cool!



Wow... I thought this is way cool... though very dangerous! I am not too sure how the teacher did it but I can guess why the students were not hurt. Water has a high heat capacity and the heat absorbed from the flames are taken directly in by the water and vaporises it. In doing that, the students are kept safe from the heat. A similar thing will be using just wet newspaper to mold hot glass (about 1500 degrees celsius). I did that in Japan, molding glass with bare hands protected by only wet newspapers! Will search for that photo and try to post it on my blog... Two of my students also did the same thing as me... Ruwan and Castillo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Goh's School Calendar

Disclaimer

Please do not try any of the experiments carried out in the videos shown on this blog without any adult supervision. They can be dangerous. Always seek an adult's supervision and advice before carrying out any of the experiments.