Monday, June 15, 2009

Research attachment @ Network Storage Technology (NST)

Today is the first day of my attachment @ NST, a division of A*STAR - the premium science research institute in Singapore. Last week was my induction and indeed I must say I was wowed by the state and level of research in Singapore. I attended talks by various group leaders in A*STAR on bioethics, the learning of Science and their research work etc. Wow! I was honestly quite impacted by their sharings and was quite of Singapore of what she has achieved through A*STAR.

What was more surprising to me was how each and every one of the people working in A*STAR is so proud of their work individually and corporately. It is normal for them to feel proud of their individual knowledge. I mean, they are among the best in their field to be working here. But corporately, they really sing the same tune! I am attached to NST and my mentor is Dr Khin Mi Mi Aung, from Myanmar. Boy is she passionate about her work, A*STAR and NST. She sings passionately about the work of not just NST but about almost all the other different organisations under A*STAR. Wow! And she's not even Singaporean. As a Singaporean, seeing now the reseach capabilities we can offer, I am super proud of the advancement in science that comes through our hard work.

Side note, I do have a great view at work. Will take a photo of the view I have in my lab. An unobstructed view of Singapore from the 14th floor!

Ok got to go for lunch now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Goh's School Calendar

Disclaimer

Please do not try any of the experiments carried out in the videos shown on this blog without any adult supervision. They can be dangerous. Always seek an adult's supervision and advice before carrying out any of the experiments.